ID.me is seeking a Senior Technical Architect to work in the Office of the CTO. The Senior Technical Architect should have domain expertise with respect to identity proofing, multifactor authentication, and identity and access management (IAM), and/or Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC). We are looking for a strategic, technical architect willing to get hands on when necessary, who possesses a sound understanding of working with high performance systems operating at scale, innovation in security and an obsession for engineering excellence. A successful candidate will be responsible for the scalability, security, and flexibility of ID.me’s cloud-hosted Identity Gateway.
- Develop current, transitional, and future-state ID.me platform architecture.
- Collaborate with other architects and strategic stakeholders throughout the organization to provide a solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with evolving business needs.
- Work with business and technical staff to capture and validate integration requirements, using industry-standard methodologies and technologies.
- Create design documents and diagrams with supporting justification for architectural choices.
- Promote the use of shared infrastructure, systems, applications, and APIs to reduce costs, improve the quality of ID.me’s services, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Work to settle architecture differences or conflicts existing across the various architecture layers in the organization.
- Decide and enforce architecture design decisions that have a broad impact across the organization.
- Write material for white papers and documentation of architecture.
- Set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction; maintain an up-to-date knowledge of ID.me functional business needs as a context for technological research and recommendations.
- Mentor developers in best practices and encourage the flow of information and understanding among teams.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- 8+ years of experience building complex, highly-scalable, distributed software systems, including substantial experience working as a senior architect on multiple projects
- 5+ years of experience in authentication, information security, or identity and access management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field. Master’s degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- Experience with technologies such as SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, Role-Based Active Control (RBAC) and Active Based Access Control (ABAC). Additional experience with Active Directory, LDAP and familiarity with platforms like OpenAM, and Okta is preferred, but not required.
- In-depth understanding of system software design in areas such as user interface, web application development, security, performance, server design, integration technologies, and globalization.
- Ability to deliver standard, customized, and/or strategic solution demonstrations and presentations outlining functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of technological solutions.
- Experience rapidly prototyping new, efficient, and reusable abstractions and systems to inform design and architecture choices.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time across multiple projects; proven track record of delivering complex projects on schedule.
- Experience in a technical-leadership role is strongly preferred.
- Ability to document complex architectural concepts and solutions in both business and technical terms.
- Ability to engage and lead other engineers to contribute innovative ideas and deliver novel solutions.
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as NIST 800-63-2 and 800-63-3, GDPR, HIPAA, PCI, FedRAMP, and FISMA.
- Experience designing and implementing a significant enterprise solution for a variety of systems, particularly cloud hosted services is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with cloud-based architectures running on AWS, Azure, or similar platforms is preferred, but not required.
ID.me is the next-generation digital identity platform allowing convenient, trusted interactions between individuals and organizations.
ID.me’s identity platform meets the highest standards for online identity proofing and authentication, without compromising access for hard-to-identify groups. We use a combination of remote verification of physical IDs, MNO data, fraud detection algorithms, and FIDO U2F capabilities to securely verify a user’s identity.
ID.me also offers an ecommerce solution that allows online retailers to verify student, teacher, and military status - in order to provide them with exclusive benefits and discounts.
In March 2017, ID.me secured $19 million in Series B funding from FTV Capital. With the funding, ID.me is investing further in sales, marketing and product development. ID.me currently supports more than 200 partners, including federal organizations and retailers.
ID.me has won multiple industry accolades:
K(NO)W Identity Conference 2017 Trailblazer award
Gold Medal for Most Disruptive Company at Innovation Project 2017 by PYMNTS
Entrepreneur Magazine's 100 Brilliant Companies of 2014
Audience Choice Award at Privacy Identity Innovation 2014
DC Tech's Most Disruptive Company of 2014 according to Tech.co
Most Veteran Friendly Small Business in America 2013 by the US Chamber of Commerce
ID.me appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. It is ID.me policy to provide equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants, regardless of race, religion, religious affiliation, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, placement, training, transfer, promotion, termination, pay, and other forms of compensation and benefits. ID.me will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities.